Make an Incredible Difference
Our incredible volunteers enjoy giving back to the community, and through volunteering they can build new friendships, attend Meritus Health events and educational events, and continue lifelong learning. Volunteers assist with the mission and goals of Meritus Health by:
- Assisting at the information desk
- Greeting visitors in various departments
- Transporting patients
- Delivering flowers
- Delivering mail to patients
- Assisting in the gift shop, coffee shop, and the Repeat Performance Thrift Shop
- Assisting in the following departments: emergency, joint center, nursing unit support, volunteer services, John R. Marsh cancer center, diabetes center, spiritual care services, total rehab care, and many other departments
- Animal Therapy
- Assisting with fundraising events
- Providing scholarship to local students
Meritus Medical Center has the advantage of an active auxiliary that serves the medical center and community through service and fundraising activities. The volunteers of the Meritus Medical Center Auxiliary have provided more than 3.2 million hours of service in their 60-year history.
Close to 400 volunteers currently support and complement patient care at Meritus Medical Center and Robinwood Professional Center. Volunteers range in age from 14 to 90.
An active auxiliary volunteer is asked to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer service throughout the calendar year and pay $5.00 annual dues. An individual may be an associate member of the auxiliary by paying $7.00 annual dues, and no service is required.