Code of Conduct
Meritus Health has long enjoyed a reputation of providing quality healthcare
and has earned the respect of the community for its ethical conduct, both
in clinical and business settings. Your partnership with the organization
has helped us earn this reputation.
A wise person once commented that a person's character is best seen
by how he behaves when no one else is looking. Few people with a commitment
to personal integrity leave that aspect of their personality behind when
they enter the doors of their workplace. This commitment to high ethical
standards by those associated with Meritus Health is an invaluable asset
to the organization, our patients, and our community.
The following Code of Conduct sets forth the principles by which we operate,
and creates a set of expectations between the organization and each employee,
volunteer, governing body, and medical staff member. Please read it carefully
and take time to discuss any questions or concerns with your supervisor,
manager, department chair, or our Department of Business Integrity, at
Thank you for the work you do for our health system and the patients and
community that we serve.
Joseph P. Ross
President and CEO
Chairman, Board of Directors
Purpose of the Code of Conduct
Meritus Health is firmly committed to operating with a spirit of trust
and integrity. As an organization, it is only through the actions of our
staff that trust is built and a reputation for honesty and fairness is earned.
This Code of Conduct, which has been adopted by the Meritus Health Board
of Trustees, outlines the health system's commitment to:
- Provide safe, high-quality, compassionate care and service;
- Respect patient rights, including the right to privacy and confidentiality;
- Provide a safe and respectful work environment;
- Comply with all laws and regulations that govern our business;
- Bill for the services that we provide with honesty and integrity;
- Avoid conflicts of interest and safeguard the assets of our organization; and
- Honor the trust of our patients, our employees and the community we serve.
Click here to download Meritus Health's Code of Conduct.